About Me

My photo
Hello. My name is Mom. I am a wife / mom of 4 / blogger / organizer / deal seeker / list maker / planner and new homeschooler. Scroll down to the bottom and catch up as you follow us on our (2nd year) journey we call HOMESCHOOL!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

4. Weeks 1-3

We are entering our fourth week of homeschool. WOW! Already? The burn out feeling is settling in. I guess that's due to being with your children 24/7 since March 8th without "me time".  TIME TO PLAN FOR THAT! June 1st "I'm gonna Pop Some Tags" in Canton. Lesson learned? Plan "me time" at least every other week.

So what have our lil' Homeschoolers been up to for three weeks? Well, we began our first day with a trip to the museum. That week marked public school's Spring Break. We decided to use this break-time as our transition into homeschool. We introduced our new schedule to the kids, showed them how to set their own alarms and walked right into the new schedule like a boss. Instead of getting up at 6 a.m., the kids now get up at 8. I enjoy a peaceful 30 to an hour of quiet time, therefore I get up at 7-7:30.

To the teacher reading our AWESOME blog, who sarcastically patted my daughters' head during the evening of Open House, and uttered the words "Aw, you're not gonna have a Spring Break", have no fear; The children WILL have their Spring Break, but in our own way, and on our own schedule :)

Instead of killing you with boredom, let me share our first three weeks of our journey in the form of a slideshow. Please bare in mind this is our first video. Lesson Learned? When a red text comes on the screen saying "Something Went Wrong" just X out...do not save. At the end of the year I shall "Knight" myself in the video making field.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment